Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Short-Term Win

I was sitting through a very loooong training session last week for work on “Leading Change” and a point was brought up to make sure you are celebrating the little successes or Short-term wins.  I liked this idea and want to incorporate it more into my personal life as well.  It seems like we spend a lot of time tearing ourselves down and reminding ourselves that we’re not good enough rather than appreciating the simple joys that make life so beautiful.  I love to look back and see the improvements I’ve made in my life and the ways I have grown and stretched. 

Things to celebrate this week:

My car has finally hit 100,000 miles!  While this event isn’t generally considered a success for most, I was so excited that I have managed to drive my car 100,000 miles, accident free and without any major need for repairs.  It has been an amazingly reliable vehicle and I’m happy to have made it this far J. 
I’ve enjoyed contemplating back on the trips and adventures I’ve taken which have added to the mileage. 


Family time- I was able to see my family this week and spend time catching up with them.  All of my nieces and nephew were there and I had the chance to spend quality time with each of them.  I’ve learned Alana (10) can destroy me in the game of Battleship.  I don’t know how she did it, but she managed to guess the locations of every single ship.  I even looked around to make sure she wasn’t getting help!  Ellie and Avery are now getting along… depending on their moods of course, but it was fun to watch them interact and remember what it was like to play with my sisters and cousins at that age.  And little Zeke is getting so big!  He doesn’t like to sit down but wants someone to constantly hold him so he can walk.  Haha, I enjoyed running him around the house while he giggled and smiled.

 


I was able to successfully turn on and use Callie’s stereo system so I could have some music as I get ready in the morning!  I had her orient me when we first moved on how to work the whole system and 15 remotes but this was my first opportunity to try it out all alone.  Yikes!  Result: A fun music-filled morning.


No comments: